Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Single news


Well, I got the news today that the bass tracks are done on the four new songs and we now are waiting on the huge pain in the ass of ME!

My job is next, and that is to record the vocals.  If you’ll all indulge me I want to woodshed the three originals a little bit more before I commit them to tape (more accurately, to hard drive in this case…) so I can be satisfied with the results.  I know, Mr. Prima Donna Rock Star, Old Man Conroy.  Look, I have been listening to a lot of the old stuff lately and I sing some of it very differently.  I realize, however, that a lot of that comes from playing the stuff live and things that happen when you do so, and there are certain “happy accidents” you just can’t force, you know?

Really, it comes down to this; I’m not playing guitar on these songs mainly due to not playing much guitar lately (uh, the last three years specifically), so as my only contribution will be with my voice, I want it to be at the same level of the pretty ridiculous talent I have involved with the rest of the single.  Anyone who’s seen the Break Evens knows that, like Mazeffect before them, they up my personal game considerably, therefore embiggening all of Grover Kent as a result.

So, to recap-

  • We’ve recorded 4 songs, all they need now is lead guitar, and all the vocals.  These will be done soon, I promise.
  • Three are originals
  • One may or may not be on a comp CD, depending if we missed the deadline or not, but I think we did.
  • The cover is from a local NJ band that really is a different style from the usual Grover Kent tomfoolery

I ought to get started on that artwork, oughtn’t I?

No comments:

Post a Comment