Wednesday, May 25, 2011

LIVE!

OK, So you may have heard a rumor floating about regarding a Grover Kent Live
performance of rock music. I am here to put those rumors to rest.

I will do that by declaring that they are true! Yes indeedy! Almost three years since our
last show, Jay, Mel, Mark and I will once again don the mantle of Lords of Goof Rock
(Aberdeen, NJ Chapter) and play you some of our decidedly silly brand of pop-punk for
you, the masses.

It seems local man about town/scene guy/musician/beloved Hawaiian shirt-wearing
Mofo Scruff is having a show to celebrate the 1 year anniversary of his being made
an “honest man.” He got married, not let out of the joint. So, being I denied a request to
get together last year for his wife’s burfday, I of course said yes to this request.

I have been practicing guitar, being I have not played since, and I kid you not, November
of 2008 (that’d be the release show for Everything Must Go! I mean, if you’re keeping
score.) and I am, to put it mildly, rusty as hell.

Now, as to whether we’re going to debut any of our new stuff at this show let me just
say this: Let’s see how practice goes, shall we? I’d really like to, but we all know where
good intentions go sometimes, right?

Show Info:
Friday June 10th 2011
6pm doors
7pm bands
ALL AGES!

Cheesquake First Aid squad
Rt 34 N
Old Bridge NJ

Featuring:
Grover Kent (HEY! I know those guys!)
The Timid Roosevelts
Thomas Francis Takes his Chances
Plus more TBA!

Admission is looking to be free but if there is a cover it will be no more than $5! A steal,
really, to marvel as we get up there and try not to break a hip!

No comments:

Post a Comment